The Merritt Parkway, opened in 1938, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

At the Sikorsky Bridge, just past Exit 53, the name of Route 15 changes to the Wilbur Cross Parkway

Commercial vehicles are banned from the roadway.

The Merritt Parkway Conservancy, dedicated to its historic preservation, opreates a museum in the Ryders Landing Shopping Center, 6580 Main St. (Exit 53). The conservancy’s guide is mounted on a wall in a 10-foot long version highlighting attractions and points of interest, and a 30-minute video presentation describes challenges of building the Merritt.

Information can be found at merrittparkway.org.